Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Speaking Part 2: 'A Teenager'


A Teenager You Know

Describe a teenager who you know.
               You should say:
                           how old they are (= how old he or she is)
                           how and where you met him or her                            
                           what you and this person do together  
                           what kind of person he or she is (his or her personality)                          
               and explain how you feel about him or her. 
                                            or
              and explain whether you like or dislike this person and why 


I have a teenager friend in my home-town, in India. His name is Adarsh.  Actually he is the son of my next door neighbour and I have known him since he was born. He is 14 years of age but I must say that he is much taller than his age children !

As most of the teenagers, he does many things to fit in the modern stereotype, even if he dislikes it. One example of this is listening to mainstream music.  He listens to a lot of American music, which despite not being his favourite; he plays so loudly that I can hear it perfectly in my apartment. He is very energetic and intelligent boy but also little bit lazy and short-tempered.

But I love one thing about him and that is his dedication to whatever he does. He is kind of perfectionist from such a young age. He always ranks 1st or 2nd in his academic exams at school and is also very good at extra activities like dancing and sports. I guess he is an all-rounder.

He is the captain of his school cricket team and now also plays for the under 16 cricket team representing my hometown.  In India most boys love playing cricket but for Adarsh cricket is his passion, in fact his dream is to become a professional cricketer in future and play for the Indian cricket team.

When I go to India, we spend a lot of time in playing Cricket and also PlayStation. I personally love cricket, and playing video games is also my favourite pastime. So I think we both love same things and playing with him reminds me of my teenage life. He considers me as his elder sister and so whenever he has any problems he prefers to come to me. He often approaches me to solve his study problems, especially when he has to do some projects or assignments for school. I really think that he will excel in his life in whatever he does. I completely trust his abilities.

I love him very much and see him as my younger brother. Although we have almost 10 years of age difference, we share a special friendship bond between us. We always have lot of fun together   and sometimes have silly fights. At last I can say that I really miss him, he is a great kid.


(NOTE: This answer can also be used in various other question topics like - 'Describe your Neighbour', 'A Person from your family' {you can say he is your brother}, 'A happy person you know' {Just add some more characteristics that make him a happy person})

4 comments: