Thursday, August 16, 2012

Writing Task 2: Essay 1


To what extent do you think governments should be held responsible when problems of homelessness and unemployment arise?

The role that a government plays in the social status and the financial strength of its citizens is a topic which is often debated. It is felt that although a country’s government does impact the level of unemployment and homelessness, these problems are most heavily influenced by external factors. This will be shown by looking at the influence international economic conditions and personal family relations have on countries and their people.
For one, certain international economic developments, outside the government’s sphere of influence can cause horrific problems for a nation’s rate of unemployment and homelessness. For example, during the global economic crisis of 2008, disposable income dropped worldwide leading to a reduced demand of many products manufactured in South East Asia. The negative ramifications this had on the jobs in many of these South East Asian countries occurred independent of decisions made by their respective governments. Thus, it is clear that a nation’s level of unemployment and homelessness can be affected regardless of its political policies.
Secondly, unhealthy social relationships are responsible for the increased instances of illegal and anti-social behaviours among youngsters, keeping them deprived of proper education and social status which contributes to the growing unemployment and homelessness. For example, in the last decade, Western countries have witnessed more social unrest among the young generation than ever before. The people responsible for these conditions give more priority to alcohol, drugs and gangs instead of family and education and hence a higher percentage of people are now unemployed and homeless. As this shows, the number of people without jobs or homes can be affected by developments outside of a government’s control.
Following this look, it seems difficult to support the idea that governments should be held completely responsible for the job loss and homelessness of their citizens. However, it is hoped political authorities everywhere take measures to support their people in curbing such complications.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am writing you to complain about a washing machine made by your factory.

    I brought the washing machine (Sanyo XQB 50-68) in January. After few months, I found the machine damaged the clothing. I did ask for repairing and changing a new one before, which your company did and I was appreciated.
    However, the new one entangle the clothes extremely seriously. You can image my disappointment when I discovered the new problem. I did everything mentioned in instruction booklet, however, it does not work. I am really annoyed by the fact that the clothing are unwashed when I take them out of dry. Sometime, I have to untwist the entangled clothes frequently.
    I am really not satisfied with the products I have received. I am therefore writing to ask for a new washing machine, otherwise, I would ask for a full refund. I will return the washing machine to you shop next week and waiting for the refund.

    Yours faithfully,
    Posh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Vidhi,

      I just finish my work and get home, will post my letter on Sunday night,just need some sleep...

      cheers

      Daniel

      Delete
    2. It's ok.
      See you in class

      Delete
  3. You and your family are living in rented accommodation in an English speaking country. You are not satisfied with the condition of some of the furniture.
    Write a letter to the landlord, in your letter
    Introduce yourself
    Explain what is wrong with the furniture
    Say what action you would like the landlord to take.

    Dear Ms Vidhi,

    I am your tenant from unit 3 on Bell st. We met each other when I signed the rental agreement in the office of Ray White Real Estate Preston.

    I have lived here for more than 12 months and I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with some furniture in the house. As you may remember, the fridge is not in a good condition and the door could not be fully closed, which brings us a lot of inconvenience and food under refrigeration spoils quickly. When I first pointed this issue out, you agreed to provide a brand new fridge. However, it has been more than 1 month and the issue still remained.

    I understand that you are very busy, so I did some research and choose 3 fridges which are all very cheap and suit my kitchen. Perhaps you could just select one of those and this would solve the problems without too many troubles, I hope you agree to this proposed solution.

    I look forward your prompt response.

    Yours sincerely,

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work Daniel.
    I am happy that you used the sample answer from the Cambridge Book very wisely.

    Keep up the good work.

    I will be posting the sample answers for the Homework - Essay Questions very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pakistan is facing unemployment problem. Unemployment Essay with Outline is here for students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice topics and nice paraphrasing of introduction

    ReplyDelete