Monday, August 20, 2012

General Writing Task 1: Letter 1




Write a complaint letter about a taxi service that you have used recently. Please say

- When did you use the service?
- What was wrong with the service provided?
- What actions for improvement do you suggest?

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to complain about a recent experience I had with your taxi service. (Allow me to elaborate.)

On 22nd Oct 2012, last Friday, I hired a taxi from Flinders Station to 151 Punt Rd, at 5 p.m. First of all, the taxi driver took a longer route thinking that I am new to the city and would not realize it, and hence planned to charge me more. When I clarified things with him about me being a local, he started being rude to me and suddenly stopped the taxi in the middle of the road. At that time, I had no choice but to leave as he was not ready to listen anything. Apart from that, it was raining heavily, and in that bad weather I had to walk a long way further to hire another taxi. As a result, it took me about 2 hours to reach my home, unlike the usual 20 mins.

I would recommend you to also train your drivers in customer service and proper etiquettes, not only just in driving. In addition to that, monitoring the activities of your drivers through systems such as built-in cameras in the vehicle will make your customers fell more comfortable and secure. This will definitely help you get more loyal/happy customers.

I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,
Samuel Jones.










1 comment:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging,
    zurich airport taxi

    ReplyDelete